YUNNAN AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY
ADMISSION FOR YUNNAN PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT
Academic Year 2017-2018
I. Supporting Category
1) Both Degree (Bachelor’s Program, Master’s Program and Doctoral Program) students and Non-degree (Chinese Language Learning Students, Visiting Students and Scholars) can apply for this scholarship;
2) Mainly for South Asia and Southeast Asia countries’ students.
1) Non-Chinese and being of good health;
2) Requirements for education history and age:
-for Bachelor’s degree program (4 years), applicants should hold a High School Graduation Certification with excellent performance, and be under the age of 25;
-for Master’s degree program (2-3years), applicants should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with excellent performance, and be under the age of 35;
-for Doctoral Program, applicants (3 years) must hold a Master’s Degree with excellent performance, and be under the age of 40;
-for Chinese Language Learning Students (1-2 years), applicants (with or without knowledge of Chinese) should hold a High School Graduation Certification, and be under the age of 35;
-for Visiting Students(1-2 years), applicants should choose their previous majors and have studied for two years in universities or hold a Bachelor’s Degree, and be under the age of 45;
-for Visiting Scholars (1-2 years), applicants(with recommendations from at least 2 (associate) professors) should pursue further learning on a certain topic with the guidance of a professor in our university. Applicants should hold a Master’s Degree, and be under the age of 50.
-All applicants (except Chinese Languages Learning Students) should have certain basis for Chinese and provide HSK certificate.
All majors of YNAU are open to international students. Please Visit
http://gjxy.ynau.edu.cn/xwgg/xwkd.htm for Majors information.
V. Application Procedures
Applicants are required to provide the following application materials and send the original and copy of them by post to International College of YNAU.
1) Application Form for Yunnan Provincial Government Scholarship Program, the original copy and photocopy, complete in Chinese or English.
2) Copy of the applicant's highest academic degree certificate notarized by a public notary. Those who are currently studying in a college or university are required to provide certification of their student status (provided by the college or university). Those who are employed after graduation are required to provide certification of their employment status (provided by their employer). Certificates/certifications written in languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by a notarized Chinese or English Version.
3) The copy of valid HSK certificate;
4) Study Plan in English or Chinese (no less than 300 words for Bachelor’s Degree applicant, no less than 400 words for Master’s Degree applicant, and no less than 500 words for PhD Degree applicants).
5) Two Recommendation Letters （written in Chinese or English）; Applicants for Master or Doctor Degree must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor
6) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form（written in English, can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org）;
The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully you’re your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
7) Non-Criminal Record.
Notice: Please organize all materials in order of 1-7 and stapled on top left corner (original and one copy) and send to YNAU by post. The materials are not returnable.
1) Our university will invite experts to assess all applicants’ materials and report the pre-enrollment list to Yunnan Provincial Department of Education for final examination;
2) The final enrollment list will be sent to our university around July. Before 31st July, we will inform the awarded applicants by E-mail, and begin the process of enrollment;
3) Scholarship recipients shall not change their field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant;
4) Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipients cannot register before the registration deadline.
Application materials must be sent to International Students’ Affairs Office, International College of Yunnan Agricultural University by post beforeApril. 30thst, 2017. Late delivery and/or incomplete information may result in failure to receive the award.
VIII. Contact Information
Mr. CHEN Liang, Ms. LI Shunqin, Ms YUN Jianhui
Website of International College of YNAU: http: //gjxy.ynau.edu.cn/
Website of Yunnan Agricultural University: http://www.ynau.edu.cn/
Postal Address:International College, Yunnan Agricultural University, Kunming, Yunnan, China. 650201.
1) E-mail is the first choice for our school to contact the applicants, so please ensure that the e-mail address in the application form is the most often used one and be effective. The applicants shall be responsible for all the consequences caused by the failure to check the mails in time;
2)"Study Plan" is quite critical, so please write your own research and study plan. If you have published papers or research results, please attach them too;
3) Make sure that your passport won’t expire in at least one year (valid before January 1, 2018). If not, please renew or extend your passport before you apply. Applicants shall take full responsibility if the information does not match during any stages, especially while registration.
International Students’ Affairs Office
YUNNAN AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY
January 12th, 2017